Any competition is a test of your intelligence, aptitude and perseverance. DSSSB PRT exam is no exception. Diligence and consistency will definitely help you tide over vis this challenging test and secure this highly sought after post in education arena in India.
Delhi Subordinate Services-Selection Board P.R.T (Special Educator) is an exam which aspirants desiring to become educators in India need to clear. The exam is conducted in offline mod. Currently, the test is being conducted for 4366 vacant positions in Delhi MCD schools.
Pattern of DSSSB PRT Exam
This test has 200 questions which are to be attempted in a maximum two hours duration. The questions are in the form of MCQ’s – Multiple Choice Questions.
For each correct answer, the candidate is awarded one mark. Whereas, 1/4th mark is deducted for each wrong answer. This is a clear strategy of the authority to eliminate candidates as they go about the test. So, one has to be very attentive and precise while marking the answers. The candidates will be assessed on certain parameters. A set of 20 questions will be asked from the following areas:-
- General Awareness (questions will be drawn from History, Geography, Science, Current Affairs, Polity etc).
- General Intelligence 8 Reasoning Ability (Questions will be drawn from puzzles and series as well as non verbal 8 logical reasoning etc).
- Arithmetical 8 Numerical Ability (Questions will be drawn from speed, time and distance etc.)
- Hindi Language 8 Comprehension (Questions will be drawn from sentence construction, reading comprehension, error spotting etc.)
- English Language 8 Comprehension Questions will be drawn from reading comprehension, error spotting, antonyms and synonyms, etc.)
- Teaching Methodology (NOTE this will be in accordance with the core subject the aspirant specializes in). Each area carries same weightage of marks. Remember the Board reserves the right to prescribe and re-evaluate a minimum cut off mark for any post it has advertised.
For an aspirant to be able to appear for the exam, it is mandatory that he/she fulfils the minimum eligibility requirements. For DSSSB PRT, there are three minimum eligibility requirements. Only those candidates who have clear this requirements can apply:-
- Senior Secondary exam or its equivalent with at least 60% marks.
- Two years of Diploma in Elementary Education or what is also known as D. Ed.
- Ed should be from a school which has been granted recognition by Directorate of Higher-Education, Delhi Government.
- Must have cleared the centrally conducted Central Teacher-Eligibility Test (CTET).
- Age Limit: Candidates coming from General Category should not be more than 30 Years of age. A relaxation of 3 years for Other Backward Classes (OBC) and 5 years for Scheduled Caste (SC) as well as Scheduled Tribes (ST) is prescribed. Candidates falling under other categories are allowed to sit up to 40 years of age.
Implications Of Clearing The Exam
Clearing DSSSB PRT exam ensures that you are eligible to appear for an interview. It does not mean that your posting is certain. Upon clearing the interview you could be appointed as primary teacher in any MCD school in Delhi and NCR region. The salary of a PRT is good, especially after the revisions implemented by the seventh pay commission and it would be a great achievement to clear this test given the heavy competition. Gear up and work hard. There are several books available with mock tests patterned on DSSSB PRT. Attempt those consistently and before you know you would succeed in this test.
Author: Ajay Khakhat
Hey people this is Ajay from India, the backbone of this wonderful website. I am a digital marketer from last couple of years and finally after achieving a lot of success in this field I am here to help students to get their dream job.